Announcement

Hi! This is my old blog that is no longer updated. Please visit my new website www.fourthfloorhomestead.com for new content and most of the content from this blog as well.

This old blog will be left up so as not to mess up people who have linked to recipes through Pinterest, Favorites etc.

Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Classy on a Budget Front Hall: Spicing Up a Boot Mat with River Rocks

This wasn't my idea so I can't take credit for it. I saw this at my massage therapist's place and I really liked it so I copied them. I bought a thick mat at Zellers for about $9.00 and 8 bags of river rocks at the Dollar store for a buck each so give or take the whole project cost me about $20. If you really want to thrift it up you could collect your own river rocks for free. I like the rocks, it makes the front hall a little less boring. Cheshire likes the rocks too, he plays with them but so far has not taken them out of the tray. The rocks are functional as the salty water will drip down past the rocks and our boots won't be soaking in it. Anything to help my boots survive the winter. It's so salty here, though so far it has been a pretty mild November so maybe it won't be so bad this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment